Legal Assistant – Tampa
Watson Sloane is searching for an Administrative Assistant to provide assistance to the Firm’s attorneys and paralegals in a variety of legal support functions. This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic law firm environment and experience a variety of areas of law.
Candidate must be professional, well-organized, detail-oriented, customer service focused, have professional oral and written communication skills, be able to prioritize multiple assignments, and work well under pressure with a “can do” and positive attitude. The primary responsibilities of this position are to cover reception and provide administrative and legal support to attorneys and senior administrative personnel.
Candidate must also be proficient in Microsoft Office to include: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Windows, as well as being adept at learning new systems. College graduate with office environment experience preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Answer all incoming calls and appropriately route or record messages.
- Receive all clients and visitors, ensure positive client/guest experience in the office, observe confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
- Maintain impeccable cleanliness and appearance of reception areas, conference room, kitchen and other public/client areas.
- Collect and distribute incoming mail in a timely manner and assist with outgoing mail and packages with follow up as necessary to ensure timely delivery.
- Supervise storage and distribution of office supplies; maintain a complete and updated inventory of all Firm equipment.
- Assist with scheduling and calendaring appointments, arranging travel, coordinating conferences and other office activities.
- Assist attorneys and paralegals with legal duties as requested; prepare correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents; open and help maintain client files; filing, copying and scanning.
- Provide support relative to document management, document retention and file closing.
- High school diploma or GED; higher level of education preferred.
- Prior law firm experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and coherently, verbally and in writing; must demonstrate excellent communication, grammatical and proofreading skills.
- Ability to perform independently with little supervision; monitor, proofread and take ownership of work product for accuracy; ensure projects are appropriately prioritized and resources are used effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to operate technologically and operationally complex equipment (e.g. data processing, word processing, document reproduction and dictation equipment) and basic understanding of computer and information technology; advanced proficiency with MS Office and document management systems.
- Strong customer service skills; ability to work independently or in collaboration within a group to ensure that internal and external clients are satisfied, with a desire to understand client concerns and build trust.
- Team player with a positive attitude; demonstrate effective teamwork and communication with a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff; work well under occasional periods of pressure and short deadlines.
- Strong sense of ethics; keep client and Firm information confidential at all times; understand and implement general rules of ethical behavior applicable to legal personnel.
- Must have strong orientation toward continual growth and learning, ability to adapt to change (expected and unexpected) and balance competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
Please apply directly with Firm Administrator, Jessica Dalziel, at email@example.com. Resumes will be held in confidence.