Real Estate Paralegal – Orlando / Tampa
Watson Sloane is searching for an experienced Real Estate Paralegal to join its Orlando or Tampa office. This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic law firm environment with competitive salary and benefits package.
Candidate must be professional, well-organized, detail-oriented, customer service focused, have professional oral and written communication skills, be able to prioritize multiple assignments, and work well under pressure with a “can do” and positive attitude. Experience in both commercial and residential real estate transactions a plus.
- Interface with attorneys and clients in a professional and positive manner, while always observing confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
- Prepare, draft and/or review agreements, contracts, deeds, mortgages, lien releases and other real estate closing, settlement and loan documents.
- Conduct legal research on applicable real estate laws and regulations.
- Work with attorneys, brokers, escrow agents and lenders to expedite purchasing processes, clear title defects and resolve other legal issues.
- Create critical dates timelines and manage closing process in adherence to set deadlines.
- Order and review title and surveys; issue title insurance policies.
- Coordinate and attend real estate closings
- Perform recording of documents, disbursement of closing proceeds and other post-closing tasks.
- Perform occasional clerical duties such as scheduling appointments, providing information to callers, drafting routine correspondence and reviewing, routing and/or processing incoming mail.
- Associate degree in paralegal or legal studies or paralegal certificate and one to two years of related experience in a law firm or title company; or equivalent combination of education, work experience and training in a law firm or title company setting.
- Ability to communicate clearly, informatively and persuasively, verbally and in writing; must demonstrate excellent communication, grammatical and proofreading skills.
- Ability to perform independently with little supervision; monitor, proofread and take ownership of work product for accuracy; ensure projects are appropriately prioritized and resources are used effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to operate technologically and operationally complex equipment (e.g. data processing, word processing, document reproduction equipment) and solid understanding of computer and information technology; advanced proficiency with MS Office, e-Recording and document management systems.
- Familiarity with TRID policies and other guidelines that govern Florida residential real estate closings.
- Strong customer service skills; ability to work independently or in collaboration within a group to ensure that internal and external clients are satisfied, with a desire to understand client concerns and build trust.
- Team player with a positive attitude; demonstrate effective teamwork and communication with a diverse group of clients, attorneys, peers and staff; work well under occasional periods of pressure and short deadlines.
- Strong sense of ethics; keep client and Firm information confidential at all times; understand and implement general rules of ethical behavior applicable to legal personnel.
- Must have strong orientation toward continual growth and learning, ability to adapt to change (expected and unexpected) and balance competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
Please apply directly with Firm Administrator, Jessica Dalziel, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be held in confidence.